A portion of hazelnut grove
You can adopt a section of hazelnut grove where the Langhe hazelnut is grown. The grove belong to Farm Adrienn Tromler.
The variety grown in Piedmont is the Tonda Gentile Trilobata, whose production is centred in the Provinces of Cuneo, Asti and Alessandria in an area around the hills of Langhe, Roero and Monferrato. The I.G.P. denomination guarantees the quality and authenticity of the product.
The Nocciola Piemonte I.G.P. is specially appreciated in confectionery because of its properties, namely its rounded shape (“tonda” in Italian), its taste and aroma, which remains intense even after roasting, the fact that it is easy to peel and stores well. These are just a few reasons why this variety is known as the best one in the world.
Abandon a catwalk career around the world and start growing and operating flowers: this is what Adrienn Tromler did when she decided to stop hushing up her true passion.
Besides producing lavender honey from the 5 rows of plants that she owns on the hills between the villages of Cherasco and La Morra, Adrienn also owns a plot of land where the famous hazelnuts of the Langhe are grown. With an eye to organic growth, she decided not to treat her trees, not even with sulphur.The result is a very low yield, but a product of utmost quality.
Adrienn has enthusiastically joined the Made in Langhe e Roero initiative and is waiting forward to meet you at her stunning estate on the hills, where you may also be accommodated in the unique Eco-Lodge: do not miss the chance to sleep over the trees and enjoy an unforgettable experience. www.ecolodgelanghe.it
Only the best Langhe hazelnuts are used to make the famous Baci di Cherasco. These chocolates were first made by Pasticceria Barbero, a fascinating confectionery in Cherasco that was founded by Marco Barbero at the end of the 19th century. This was the place where both the local aristocracy and the bourgeoisie used to gather. According to their recipe, these chocolates are made only with Langhe hazelnuts, toasted on a wood-fired oven, and dark chocolate. Today, Pasticceria Barbero is still a must-visit for gourmands and prominent people.
- 4 sachets of hazelnuts, weighing 1 kg each, harvested in the section of grove you adopted.
- A 300g box containing the local Baci di Cherasco chocolates, made by famous confectionery Barbero with the hazelnuts you adopted.
- The sachets will be made ready depending on harvest time. In the event that you prefer not to wait for your product to be ready, you may as well get the same share of product, but chosen among the ones that are already ready on the premises. Shipping is not provided.
- You will be kept updated about the hazelnut grove, which you will see while meeting the producer and collecting your products. The cost relative to transport, accommodation, meals, etc are not included. Thus, you will have the chance to come and visit the Langhe and discover one of the most stunning spots in the world!
By adopting a section of hazelnut grove you will be sent home:
- the official adoption certificate, certified by Made In Langhe & Roero for the running year
- a jar containing some “Langhe ground”, as a symbol for the bond you made with this land
- an informative card about the producer and the hazelnuts you chose
- custom labels with the name of the adopter, that you can apply on the products
- a Langhe map, showing where the excellence you adopted is located
WHERE IS IT?
HOW DOES IT WORK?