An enclosure of Cherasco snails
Cherasco snails, belonging to Helix Aspersa species, have a distinctive conical shell and their slime is particularly rich in mucopolysaccharides, allantoin, glycolic acid, collagen, elastin, peptides and vitamins. They are bred outdoor following natural methods and fed by using only vegetables – no animal feed nor synthetic ingredients.
The technique of slime extraction is utmost cutting edge: it follows a “closed” cycle where contamination is prevented with a very low bacterial load and an acid pH. It is a cruelty-free method, snails enjoying rather a kind of SPA! This all guarantees that the final product is a highly effective beauty product, where the features of that extraordinary, natural key ingredient are nothing but boosted.
Products containing the purest snail slime are helpful to:
- activate deep and prolonged moisturizing
- create an effective barrier against environmental aggressors
- speed up healing minor skin wounds
- slow down skin ageing process
- reduce skin spots (caused by the sun, due to skin ageing, acne scars)
- restore skin elasticity and contrast stretch marks
- soften scars
- soften wrinkles as a “natural filler”
- boost cellular turnover
The Istituto Internazionale di Elicicoltura (International Institute of Helicicolture), founded in Cherasco some 40 years ago to reach greater efficiency in snail farming, after considerable research has developed a method where production capacity optimization is matched with excellent quality and the value for a natural approach (Snail Cherasco Method guidelines).
Brand new perspectives on snail farming have been applied after appointing Simone Sampò as chairman – techniques have been modified in order to best meet the needs of snails as well as sustainability-oriented practices. Since 2016, the University of Gastronomic Sciences of Pollenzo has been involved too, by strengthening a bond between two stakeholders that share the same philosophy.
In particular, a method to extract snail slime has been invented and patented which not only guarantees for a product of the highest quality with unmatched enzymatic activity, but also does not cause any stress to snails. The cosmetic brand S’Agapò, created by the Institute and including also different medical devices and a line of veterinary products, makes the most of the healing, skin-renewing and elasticizing properties of snail slime.
YOU WILL GET, INCLUDED IN KIT:
- a 50ml face cream from S’Agapò, made from pure snail slime
- a 200ml face-eye cleanser&toner from S’Agapò, made from snail slime and vegetable extracts
- the chance to visit the Accademia Chiocciola Metodo Cherasco and the enclosure you adopted, in order to get insight into snail farming.
You will be kept updated about the different stages of snail farming. Products to collect Monday to Saturday directly at the producer’s. To make an appointment please allow for at least a 7 working days’ notice. No shipping is provided for the products.In case this is interesting for you, you can ask to join a “Chiocciolorto” workshop with your kids, as well as other activities that Accademia Chiocciola metodo Cherasco organizes (costs to be agreed by the producer). The cost relative to transport, accommodation, meals, etc. is not included. Thus, you will have the chance to come and visit the Langhe and discover one of the most stunning spots in the world.
By adopting an enclosure of snails, you will be sent home:
- the official adoption certificate, certified by Made In Langhe & Roero, for the running year
- an invitation to join the Festival della Chiocciola, which takes place once a year in Cherasco, including a 10% off coupon, to apply on the cost of a menu at the gourmet stand or on the cost of a workshop of your choice
- a jar containing some “Langhe ground”, as a symbol for the bond you made with this land
- an informative card about the producer and the snails you chose
- a Langhe map, showing where the excellence you adopted is located
WHERE IS IT?
HOW DOES IT WORK?