A portion of orchard for preserves
The produce of the orchard and the vegetable garden are processed in the workshop of CasaMatilda to become a number of sweet and savoury delicacies like typical antipasti, sauces, fruit juices, jams and much else.
All artisan preserves are handcrafted by Anna and Fabio without preservatives, colorings, thickeners or chemical additives… simply made with genuine ingredients to the original recipes of grandmas of this corner of Italy, just adding much passion!
THE FARMERS: ANNA GARNERI AND FABIO PALLADINO
Casa Matilda was founded in 2008 when Anna and her husband Fabio left their job in business administration and moved to the hills of Langhe. Guided by their love for the land and relying on their experience in food and wine, they started off a project in order to fulfill their need for more authentic human connections, even in business, as well as for genuine tastes and smells – more generally, a need for a genuine environment where to raise their family.
Farmed organically (but not certified), the 5-hectare estate grows fruit and vegetables which are then preserved and bottled according to traditional family recipes.
CasaMatilda means accommodation too: it offers lodging as an agriturismo, so that guests can fully enjoy nature and its produce, be it at breakfast or later during the day with a tasty “merenda sinoira” (a traditional afternoon brunch) with delicacies really produced with zero produce miles.
- 3 jars of jam made with the fruit picked up in the orchard you adopted
- 3 jars of preserve made with the vegetables grown in the vegetable garden you adopted
The jars will be made ready depending on harvest time. In the event that you prefer not to wait for your product to be ready, you may as well get the same share of product, but chosen among the ones that are already ready on the premises. Shipping is not provided.
You will be kept updated about the different stages of growing. The cost relative to transport, accommodation, meals, etc are not included. Thus, you will have the chance to come and visit the Langhe and discover one of the most stunning spots in the world!
By adopting a portion of orchard for preserves, you will be sent home:
- the official adoption certificate, certified by Made In Langhe & Roero for the running year
- a jar containing some “Langhe ground”, as a symbol for the bond you made with this land
- an informative card about the producer and the orchard/vegetable garden you chose
- custom labels with the name of the adopter, that you can apply on the products
- a Langhe map, showing where the excellence you adopted is located
WHERE IS IT?
HOW DOES IT WORK?