A truffle dog
You can adopt a truffle dog and come to the Langhe for a truffle hunt together with a passionate trifolau (local term for truffle hunter).
Wrapped in a shroud of mistery, truffles have been known, and almost worshipped, from ancient times. The Tuber Magnatum Pico, also known as the white truffle of Alba, is the very symbol of Langhe: it is the most sought-after truffle in the world, the most rare one, the most complex and elegant in taste.
Trifolaus are the ones who possess the secrets of a very secretive skill that is handed down through generations. Dogs, however, are the key players: the result of a severe selection, they are trained directly by the most experienced truffle hunters and their nose for truffle is adjusted over the years – this is how they become those trusted professionals able to unearth the “Diamond of the kitchen”.
When can I collect my products?
Being a trifolau implies much more than simply searching for truffles: it means mastering a time-honoured traditional practice and participating in a unique relationship with his dog.
It’s the very possibility to enjoy a direct communal relation with the traditions of his land that fascinate trifolaus most, and this is what guides them through the woodlands at dawn on misty Autumn days, following their tail-wagging companions – in the hope of a deliciously smelling reward to come back home with.
YOU WILL GET, INCLUDED IN KIT:
- Come to the Langhe and accompany the truffle hunter and his dog in search for truffles through the woodlands, within the valid period and depending on the truffle harvesting periods (to be agreed with the trifolau himself)
- In the event that the trifolau and his dog find a truffle, you will be entitled to get 20 grams of it. Shipping is not provided for and all costs relative to transport, accommodation, meals, etc. are not included.
- This way, you will have the chance to visit the Langhe and discover one of the most stunning spots in the world.
By adopting a truffle dog you will be sent home:
- the official adoption certificate, certified by Made In Langhe & Roero for the running year, where you will be decorated “honorary trifolau”
- a jar containing some “Langhe ground”, as a symbol for the bond you made with this land
- the card of the producer you have been chosen
- a picture of the dog you adopted
- a Langhe map, showing where the excellence you adopted is located
WHERE IS IT?
HOW DOES IT WORK?
There are no reviews yet.