A Langa sheep
The sheep you are adopting is part of a Langa herd and its milk is used to make the “Tuma di pecora delle Langhe” (“Langhe sheep toma” cheese).
Ingredients: 100% sheep milk
Peel: thin, completely edible
Paste: compact and white, yellowish white on the mottled surface
Ripening: approx. 10-15 days
Shape: flat, 10-12 cm in diameter each
Weight: average 250 gr. each
It is ripened at least ten days, which is the amount of time it needs to develop a thin peel that is safe to eat. Its paste is white and soft: the sweetness of milk is retained, yet it has a distinctive taste and aroma. Tuma di pecora delle Langhe cheese is a cheese that has always been made in the Langhe area. It is made by only using raw milk, with no lactic ferments nor additives but native whey. The result is a true taste of tradition.
When can I collect my products?
It is by sharing a remarkable amount of effort, commitment and a certain outlook on life with her family that Anna Maria Trombetta runs her farm in Alta Langa according to the principles of biodynamic farming. This land is particularly suited for sheep rearing and has its own breed, that is the Langa Sheep. Nowadays her flock is made of around 60 Langa sheeps, which are fed from pasture (from March-April), home-grazed hay and some barley. The result is milk of the highest quality, which is processed according to local traditional recipes to become cheeses whose sensory properties are ever changing as seasons develop.
At Fattoria Bronzetta the natural dry period being strictly respected, cheese is generally made from March to October.
YOU WILL GET, INCLUDED IN KIT:
- 6 toma cheeses, made with the milk milked from the sheep you adopted. Each toma cheese will weigh approx. 300 grams
- The toma cheese will be made ready depending on the processing time of the dairy. In the event that you prefer not to wait for your cheese to be ready, you may as well get the same share of cheese, but chosen among those that are already ready on the premises. Shipping is not provided.
- You will be kept updated about the herd and the different making stages of the toma cheese. You will have the opportunity to meet your sheep when you will come to collect your products. The cost relative to transport, accommodation, meals, etc are not included. Thus, you will have the chance to come and visit the Langhe and discover one of the most stunning spots in the world!
By adopting a Langa sheep, you will be sent home:
- the official adoption certificate, certified by Made In Langhe & Roero, where you will be decorated “honorary shepherd” for the running year
- a jar containing some “Langhe ground”, as a symbol for the bond you made with this land
- an informative card about the producer and the cheese you chose
- a picture of the sheep you adopted with the sheep’s name
- custom labels with the name of the adopter, that you can apply on the products
- a Langhe map, showing where the excellence you adopted is located
WHERE IS IT?
HOW DOES IT WORK?