A row of Dolcetto vines
Vine varieties: 100% Dolcetto
Producer: Cascina Flino
Vineyards: Diano d’Alba, Foglio XXII Particelle 353, 534, 449, 556 section
Alcohol content: 13% vol.
Diano d’Alba DOCG has an intense ruby red colour with violet glares. Scent is fruity of marasca cherry and sometimes blackberry or jam, while taste is dry with a pleasant mouth-watering aftertaste of bitter almond. It also has some aromatic geraniol content, which makes it enjoyable when young but suitable for medium ageing too.
SERVING TEMPERATURE: 16-18 °C
SOME FOOD PAIRINGS: an all round food wine, it pairs well with traditional meat antipasti, pasta dishes and light poultry dishes.
Farm Cascina Flino, which is located in the Municipality of Diano, started operating in 1993 led by Paolo Monte, who had chosen the Langhe as his pleasant retreat after playing a major role in developing the package tourism industry in Italy.
More than half of the amount of land, which measures approximately 6 hectares, is planted with vine. The varieties are Dolcetto, which produces Diano d’Alba DOCG, Barbera for Barbera d’Alba Superiore DOC, Nebbiolo and Nebbiolo for Barolo, with vineyards located in the Municipality of Verduno towards La Morra, in the San Lorenzo “cru” besides Monvigliero.
The estate pursues a challenging goal that combines quality in the vineyard and honesty towards the consumer. This results in a limited production of a mere 7,000 bottles altogether and a price policy that is far from the extremes that is often to be found in the wine sphere.
Nowadays Cascina Flino is run by Francesca, Paolo Monte’s daughter, in continuation of his wine making philosophy.
YOU WILL GET, INCLUDED IN KIT:
- 10 bottles of Diano d’Alba DOCG, made from the grapes of the vineyard you adopted.
- The bottles will be made ready depending on each production regulation and the agenda of the producer. Usually Dolcetto is made available by the producer the year after grape harvest, in July. In the event that you prefer not to wait for your wine to be ready, you may as well get the same bottled share of the same product, but from previous vintages (provided there is availability on the premises). Shipping is not provided.
- You will be kept updated about the work done in the vineyard where your row is located, that you can visit when you come to collect your bottles. The cost relative to transport, accommodation, meals, etc are not included. Thus, you will have the chance to come and visit the Langhe and discover one of the most stunning spots in the world.
By adopting a row of Dolcetto vines you will be sent home:
- the official adoption certificate, certified by Made In Langhe & Roero, where you will be decorated “honorary wine-maker” for the running year
- a jar containing some “Langhe ground”, as a symbol for the bond you made with this land
- an informative card about the producer and the wine you chose
- a Langhe map, showing where the excellence you adopted is located
- custom labels with the name of the adopter, that you can apply on the products
- a rooted Dolcetto cutting, which you may either pot or plant out into your garden
WHERE IS IT?
HOW DOES IT WORK?