A row of Dolcetto vines
Vine varieties: 100% Dolcetto
Producer: Azienda Agricola Stra
Vineyards: Novello, Foglio I Particella 479
Alcohol content: 12,5% vol.
Dolcetto d’Alba DOC has an intense ruby red colour with violet glares. Scent is fruity of marasca cherry and sometimes blackberry or jam, while taste is dry with a pleasant mouth-watering aftertaste of bitter almond. It also has some aromatic geraniol content, which makes it enjoyable when young but suitable for medium ageing too.
SERVING TEMPERATURE: 16 °C
SOME FOOD PAIRINGS: an all round food wine, it pairs well with traditional meat antipasti, pasta dishes and light poultry dishes.
Making the most of the expertise of their ancestors, Paolo and his father Roberto carry on all vineyard work passionately. Their farm is located in the Ciocchini area in the municipality of Novello.
The soil is mainly composed of clay here, facing to south-west, and allow for producing about 25,000 to 28,000 bottles a year.
Azienda Agricola Stra produces nine wines, amongst the most respected in the Langhe. The famous Barolo, the rare Nas-cetta del Comune di Novello, but also Dolcetto d’Alba, Barbera d’Alba and Nebbiolo Rosé. Stra also produces Brajas, a unique blend which is eagerly awaited every year by connoisseurs.
Both the winemaking activity and family life happens in the typical farmhouse where generations of Stras were born. It features some guestrooms too, and vegetables grown by the family within their garden are at disposal for the guests to pick freely.
YOU WILL GET, INCLUDED IN KIT:
- 10 bottles of Dolcetto d’Alba DOC, made from the grapes of the vineyard you adopted.
- The bottles will be made ready depending on each production regulation and the agenda of the producer. Usually Dolcetto is made available by the producer the year after grape harvest, in July. In the event that you prefer not to wait for your wine to be ready, you may as well get the same bottled share of the same product, but from previous vintages (provided there is availability on the premises). Shipping is not provided.
- You will be kept updated about the work done in the vineyard where your row is located, that you can visit when you come to collect your bottles. The cost relative to transport, accommodation, meals, etc are not included. Thus, you will have the chance to come and visit the Langhe and discover one of the most stunning spots in the world.
By adopting a row of Dolcetto vines you will be sent home:
- the official adoption certificate, certified by Made In Langhe&Roero, where you will be decorated “honorary wine-maker” for the running year
- a jar containing some “Langhe ground”, as a symbol for the bond you made with this land
- an informative card about the producer and the wine you chose
- a Langhe map, showing where the excellence you adopted is located
- custom labels with the name of the adopter, that you can apply on the products
- a rooted Dolcetto cutting, which you may either pot or plant out into your garden